New to leadcore

I am sure there is a post some where but I will start it again. I am thinking about adding a lead setup to my arsenal and I am not sure where to start. Also how much line out to get a certain depth, I have heard 5, 7, 8,10 color, Do i let out that much and stop. Can I spool a large amount on the reel or do I need several different reels for each setup. Any tips would be helpful.

you can stop when you have as much as you want in the water but having different reals with different amount is deffinetly better.. I have a 3,4 and 10 color set up. my 3 and 4's are usually run off boards for early browns our steelhead. my 10 is ususually run down the chute all summer long with a spoon (flash/fly is just way too much drag to run it effectively) as the fish get over 50-60 feet I have the michigan stinger divebombs at 5 colors then let the other 5 out.. after the core i send another 100 feet of line out to make sure it geta all the way down.. with a 4oz dive bomb, ten colors, and a 100 extra feet of line i figure i can get a spoon down 80-90 depending on speed. the one other thing i do is use a lare 9" striper float from redi-rigs once its out there.. send it another couple hundred feet and pop the rod in my tower. That way when a fish hits it it out of the way of all my rods and doesnt need to be brought in.