wayne county proam report: HOOKNUP

"Wayne County PROAM report :HOOKNUP"

We fished the Wayne county PROAM this past week with my fiance, nephews and brother-in-law.

Wednesday: left the dock and the boat decided to over heat$600.00 & 8hrs later we were back in action. That evening we fished 2 hrs and boated 7 kings. All the action was 8 miles east in 160-200fow. Green/white spindoctors and proam flies worked best.

Thursday: Fished the morning same place same setup 12 kings and 2 brown trout.

Friday: By far our best day. We had 12 kings by 8am. Same setup. 500 copper, 300ft on the wire 1.5 setting 2.4-2.6mph at the ball. 4 sets of doubles, three of the doubles were on copper. our three big fish weighed in at 59.9 lbs. 17 fish boated for the entire day. That secured 8th place in Fridays event

Saturday: Proam day one, 4-6ft waves managed 10 fish but two were to small. My nephews ages 11 & 14 boated all but one of the fish. We went 10 for 17. Again same setup(no need to change anything. Our catch put us in second in Proam

Sunday: We knew we need a full box to have a chance to win. The first 4 fish came quick on an east troll. We then missed 6 nice fish in a row. Then 2 1/2hrs without a bite. A gamble paid off, the decision was to got out to 200ft and troll east. We switched everything to chrome protrolls, within 45 minutes we limited out.

We placed first in the amateur division and won the Eastern Cup. The previous week we placed second in the Oswego PROAM.

It was a great experience for my young nephews, they caught almost all our fish and they can't wait to fish their next tournament.

Thanks

Al

HOOKnUP