Bait well/ washdown pump any recomends?

skipper19

Mine took a dump. Been reading about a few makes but most are getting bad reviews. Some from Shurflo, Jabco, and many other lesser makes. I find Groco to be the best in review, but, the price....well it's like the old saying ya get what ya pay for I suppose. Just wonder what every ones experience with what you got for the job of circulating the bait well and a wash down with reasonable pressure to get the gurvey off the deck. Thanks

Mark

I put a Jabsco wash down pump in my boat,and so far it works very good.I also hear that Groco is one of the best,but the price is astronomical,compared to the others.

I don't know if it's true,but on most of the sites I've checked regarding wash down pumps,Jabsco, seems to get better marks than the Shurflo and Johnson pumps.

I would think,however, that all the mid priced pumps,have their fans.

I use mine all the time to wash down the blood and slime off the deck.I would be lost without it,and would never have another boat without one.

I used the Jabsco PAR-MAX 4 It came with the strainer,nozzle,and assorted fittings.Easy install. It takes a 15amp fuse,pumps 4.3 GPM,self primes to 10',and can run dry without damage.I did some horse trading with a factory rep,so I got it free,but I think they are around $175.00 in most of the marine catalogs.

**Try http://www.defender.com/productsearchresult.jsp

** also http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/search.htm

Both are nice people to deal with and ship very quick,Kellog, is usually better priced.

Thanks John, I was leaning to the parmax 4. I wanted good pressure but also want it to go from my three way valve and fill the bait well. The Groco is big bucks and probably will do fine as a washdown but I wonder about the capability of it circulating the bait well for periods of time. I know it has a big amp draw and think it is not really suited to long run times and the pressure may be too much for a bait circulator. I think the one on my boat is a flojet model which is a piece of crap by all reviews and I must say I agree since it did not ever really work well and lasted only a dozen trips or so on the lake. I really only use the bait well for reviving a baby after unhooking just so it has a better chance of swimming away. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out!

Mark