April 12 -13 Brn trout bloodbath Sodus

Fished in a small private derby out of Sodus this weekend. Lake was bumpy on Fri. But did the brown bite make it worthwhile. It was to rough to run boards on Fri but we did anyway . So windy it would blow the releises back up the planerboard lines to the boat.Planerboards were out of the water when the crested the waves. I could not watch them just knowing one was going to flip or dive. But neither one did. Im not a big stickbait fan but it is spring time brn fishing. Did 15 to 20 brns. hooks were bent up and twisted .I didnt really feel like changing them in those rough conditions. So I wasnt really ready when the one big derby winning fish hit. Yea I lost him .Hooks pulled.

Sat we went for a long boatride before we found fish. The water that was fish rich the day before was fishless. Finally got into them after about a 3hr boatride . Did 10 to 15 brns. When we got off the water Sat afternoon the lake was flat and the sun was shining.

Chartruse was best stickbait color. I didnt place any fish in the berby.Biggest brn in the derby was around 9lbs. A around 15lb king took the lunker. A few steelies were weighted in also. Most all the brns I caught were 3 to 5 lbs.

Glad to see the brn trout back in force. last year they were a little scarce in our area.I would imagine next yrs crop will be some real biggies.

Maybe next time Ill get a big one to the net.

I not sure who to thank for the tournament but I'd like too. Our first time in it and had a great time. 22-24 brown trout with a third place, count us in again next year.

Fish Stix,

Had a great time this weekend. How is Lee felling today :P Not sure if I heard of somebody being that sea sick :$ My crew was also little green on Friday morning. I am looking forward to fish with you and all the other Hugh’s boats this summer. The whole group are a great bunch of fisherman. Well maybe a great bunch of guy's :lol::P:lol: Next time I will bring ear plugs so I can sleep :!: