Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Reel Power

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW Tough for kingers, nice mixed species bag kept things interesting

==============

Date(s): 8/7-8/9

Time on Water: Friday evening dawn to dusk Sat. and Sun. morning

Weather/Temp: Pleasant, showers, mixed light seas to dead calm, a storm as we pulled out Sun.

Wind Speed/Direction: mixed

Waves: 0-2

Surface Temp: 68.5-71.9

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 15

Total Boated:12

Species Breakdown: 4 adult kings, two fattie brownies, three coho, two steelhead, one atlantic

Hot Lure: Large glow spoons - Moonshine

Trolling Speed: 2.7 was good for us

Down Speed: Wish I knew

Boat Depth: best fishing 95 to 130 fow, cooler water west of harbor, took one king in 350 fow.

Lure Depth: about 50-70 for the kings, blowback in the rigger lines was steep (I need heavier weights for this game).

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

First time out of Olcott. Seemed like most boats were struggling. Patterned the kings Sat. evening, thought we'd be right in 'em Sun. morning. Nope. Cool mixed bag of fish with coho and steelie crashing bait on the surface this morning. A dipsey set at three and 50 feet back kept us alert. One coho chased a school of baitfish right into the bow of the boat, using it like a corral.

Decent size to the kings: 15,17,19 & 22. Three hens with fairly well developed eggs.

Besides large glow moonshine spoons NGK and NBK were firing, as well as some other greenish black/silver veteran.

Great facilities at Olcott...we'll be back.

If anyone had a good program working out of Olcott this weekend I'd like to hear what was up. We couldn't get the flashers and flies to fire on kings...only got the atlantic and a couple knock-offs.

KGone sorry I missed your call. Dead battery. Hope you did great.

====================

Jerrett,

Glad you got into some fish. Was that you that went out about 4:30 Friday night. I saw a Ohio number and 3 guys heading out the walls. You called me on the radio and I tried to talk but you were gone or not responding. I left a message on your cell.

Shade - Howie

Howie I got your call but my cell battery went dead. Responded on the radio but I guess you didn't copy. We set up in the 350 fow zone like you recommended but couldn't buy a fish until heading back in...popped a nice king in 98 fow...it tangles the rigger flasher fly slider combo then waited until I had to try to cut the mess off the mainline at the rod tip before bolting WITH THE SLIDER SPOON'S 1/0 TREBLE BURIED IN MY LEFT INDEX FINGER TIP. Ouch. Fortunately my bud slacked off even though he didn't know my predicament and I was able to grab the spoon body and snap the 20lb fluro leader. That was our only fish on Friday.

Sat. was good but we sure paid our dues to get 'em.

We saw your boat in the harbor but your were not dockside there when we were. We spent most of out time on the lake. When you were running in on Friday we were powering out to 270 fow for a look-see. My buddy says Hey isn't that the yellow banana boat you were talking about...you are hard to miss. Is you boat an Invader or a Sea Ray or some other manufacturer? It looks like a nice ride for Ontario.

We enjoyed Olcott...pleasant place to dock. We camped at Harbor which was OK for how long we were actually in camp. Are there any other campgrounds around with a little more space to spread out?

Thanks for helping a Clevelander out...we did hit one nice king in the 350 zone Sat.

Love them Brown Trout fillets.

Let me know if you are ever down to Erie for Eyes or river steelhead...I'll try to help ya' out.

Jarrett

Jarrett,

I heard you on the radio when I was pulling into my dock and tried to answer you. Friday was slow most of the boats that came in didn't even get a release. In 350' was where most of our action came from but we were infront of the Micro Towers by then.

Glad ya had fun and hope to see ya next trip you make to Ontario. We are planning a trip up to west end of Erie next year. Maybe we can hook up then.

By the way my boat is a 26' Formula and it handles Ontario just fiine.

Howie