Hot Lure: ????

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:2.4. 2.7 then 2.2

Boat Depth: all over

Lure Depth: 60-80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took my younger sister out for her first LO trip. Started east of port in 90 and worked out through that recently, for us, productive 150 -170 area. Just one 10-12# king for her. Got a suggestion to move deeper and west of port and motored over there. Set up and went though a big pod of bait and took a nice alewive. Proceeded to get out a Twinkie rig and put it behind a white 8" e-dip flasher. It was down no more than 2 minutes and took off. Dropped that fish (and all the rest). No more real bait and remembered we had some Gulp Saltwater bait in a rectangular sheet. Cut it to resemble the old RhyDavis strips and it took three more rips including one that took out 200 and then shot to the depths rather than Canada, good fish, we dropped that one too after working it back into within 70 feet of the boat. Never saw it.... Got a very nice courtesy call from Joe Toomey of Irish Thunder regarding a strong thunderstorm headed from Toronto and a second call saying time to boogey... thanks! A good steelie as we were pulling rods took a mag Stinger Diehard which we proceeded to loose while at the back of the boat. Drop city for the day for us but a nice visit with my sister. She really enjoyed it and loved the look and dare I say ambiance of the Oak.