AM I DONE OR JUST STARTING???

Kiss her on the cheek & congatulate her on a job well done. Nothing should change . If she dosn't know you by now ,she never will. Each should want the other to do the things they want that make them happy, cause life is to short. A big party in her honor organized by YOU should be in the works.

Hey almost 2 yrs lets see i bought a flatback canoe /w/ 4hp ,,,,13 ft inflatable with 25hp,14 ft Mckee (like boston wahler) with 40 hp,....ohh sooo many boats and so little time,gonna be the first time in 14 years makin 2 trips to the hudson,got my scuba gear inspected and bought 2 wet suits landed many sharks over 6 ft ,had a 12ftr on but i actually tried to force it in (you thought bringing in a green salmon is fun),,,yea ive slowed it down some oh yea ive gotton some time on ontario too......as for her she has knitted more hats,scarves,sweaters,gloves,(nuttin for me yet :( ) yes life has been great for us did i mention 6 months in fla keys for 2 years (total) seems like Ive wet many lines down there too......so sat im off the the hudson with a couple new guys ,with a can of worms and some hooks...............just called the bait shop down there its one of the best seasons ever for as long as they can remember....oh darn sore arms again..and some TASTY fillets :)

Ray,I think you are one of the lucky guy's , who has got himself a wife who knows that you need to fish, often, to stay happy ,healthy ,and content........ she has got to be a real saint....and she's definately a keeper!!!! Your golden years are gonna be filled with many fishing trips...(.approved by wiffey fishing trips), and tons of future fish battles, full boxes ,stringers and memories.We are looking forward to all your fishing adventure stories and pictures..........choo-choo steve

just got a bunch of bass and them garbage fish baits (nightcrawlers)..psst Mike (landshark) the guys going with me are diehard garbage fish chasers .......well like these..Maybe ill have some one who does more than talk about going to erie..

Photo266.jpg

26in rule on floor

Photo269.jpg

Photo267.jpg

sweater.jpg

Photo376.jpg

Photo377.jpg

Rays_pictures_013.jpg

Please don't take my post as a braggin (well a tad) my wife and I lived a very frugle life saving all we could ..for our golden years..we both grew up in our youth (as kids before we met) with nuthing to our name other than underware all my schoolday clothes were rummage sale even my shoes and she wasnt much better off either. In our off season we still live on a limited income ,and cut corners to afford our lavish vacation.

The reason i post this part is to give some of you younger guys a incentive to SAVE !!!

Please find yourself a" good" financle advisor also,If we did 20 years ago we would be able to winter vacation and eat :lol: ,THEN I WOULDNT BE FORCED TO GO CATCH OUR FRESH FISH AND GET MY OWN LOBSTERS BY HAND ... :o

KEY WORD IS "GOOD"

Ray is absolutly right about saving for the "golden" years as a young American. I wasn't nearly as frugal as I should have been and looking back I can say I had a great time in my 20's and 30's with plenty of money to spare and used my energy to the max enjoying it too (if only I had the crystal ball to look into the future).

Today, in some things it is ten times harder to enjoy that same lifestyle of go anywhere do anything we want from the 70's era. "FRUSTRATING" Who would have thought that the vehicles we drive today would equal the price of a home in the 70's, or the price of the gas to go in it would be 10 times higher today from the 70's. Gotta wonder what it will be like 30 to 40 years from now.

Keep the save attitude close to heart young Americans. Temptation, instant gratitude, credit cards, and stress debt, walk hand in hand. Golden years should have no stress and a clear path to enjoying life without the evil daily grind of HAVING to work all the time.

Trust me, the crystal ball did not speak loud enough to me (well maybe it was the 8 ball of answers like "Signs point to yes" or "Ask again tomorrow") ,,,,uh oh dated myself there.... :lol: ,,,that got me to procrastinate on life goals (never minded work) of "not having" to work someday (now I wish I didn't have to work anymore). Now it is hurry up....time feels a quicker step today and anxiety is showing up :( ...The song by Alabama comes to mind....."I'm in a hurry"

"I'm in a hurry to get things done

Oh, I rush and rush until life's no fun

All I really gotta do is live and die

But, I'm in a hurry and don't know why"

Ray and his wife has done it right to be able to enjoy the rest of an "early" golden time. Good job Ray, you do what I wish I could do right now,.....the old saying "he who dies with the most toys wins" .....well.....really all he does is just DIES :( ...a great inspiration to see the results of a plan come to fruition...NOW I WISH I WAS 25 AGAIN :o ....thanks Ray, now if ya have sold all yer downriggers and dipsey divers, yer always welcome to come on up to "Lyntucky" and help this poor old truck driver out with some gas money, show me all yer hot spots, and I'll send ya home with some more sore arms (from fishin) not diggin the outhouse pit deeper and hooking well water up ...OK? I even got a spare room fer ya, if ya promise not ta run around buffy. :P:$

Mark

I worked my butt off since I was 18. Never really had a 40 hr/ wk job. When I went into buissness for myself I worked a ton of hrs a week & kind of still do . Got some investment property & saved my money. Sacrificed a lot to do so . Kind of "gave up" fishing a few times to take care of buissness so I and my family could live well & more importantly , not be dependent on anyone. My BIGGEST fear is that after all I sacrificed to save , somthing happens so it's all gone & I would have been better off spending it. You & your bride should be proud of yourselfs, Ray.You done good. Enjoy it while in good health.

http://www.ask8ball.net/

My crystal ball of future fortune....dumb thing is still giving me bad advice...asked it if I was gonna catch a winning derby fish and it said "my sources say no"...figured this thing would have been long gone by now. Nope still around since 1950, now somebody is living the good life somewhere on a gadget that gives bad advice....what's wrong with this picture. :dull:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Come ON Get Over IT she's put up with you because she Loves ya not because your a caveman get out in the sun fish hunt be happy then she'll be happy for you as well she knows you worked hard to become the fisher and hunter of world renown so relax fish and be happy buying a nice retirement gift will go a long way though