Hot Lure: Green echip / green fly

Trolling Speed: 2.0 - 2.8

Down Speed: ??

Boat Depth: 85 - 250

Lure Depth: 70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got on the water at 6am and set up east of Port Bay over 70 fow. had the same picture as previous days with bait/fish hugging the bottom out to 100 fow, but today we had some suspended bait/fish 60 to 80 ft down. Seemed like the temp was around 70 ft down. Soon after setting the rods the port side wire fired and started screaming out line over 100 fow. As soon as I grabbed the rod the 72 ft rigger fired and we were doubled up. As I fought the king, my dad landed a small 3 lb brown and as he was getting the hook out, the 82 ft rigger fired. By the time he got to it the fish was gone. I finally landed the king, a nice 16 lb male. Got set back up and worked the area for an hour or so with no hits and a diminishing screen, so we started working deeper. We continued to wash lures for the next 2.5 hours trying all kinds of spoons and dodger/flies to no avail. we worked out to the 200 fow range and had noticed a particular boat working a specific area the entire time we were heading out and when we made it out to their area we saw them hook up twice in a row. We came up parallel to them and quickly noticed that we were haulin' (at 2.6 on GPS) compared to them and slowed our speed to match theirs (about 1.8 ) heading NE. We still had nothing fire and there wasn't much on the screen, but seeing them hook up meant there were fish in the area. I then remembered reading about the Sushi Flies the Fish Doctor has been using, so I dropped a chartruese echip with an aqua hammer sushi fly to 72 ft just to get something new in the water. It fired within 30 seconds on a good king! :clap: After a good 15 minute fight we boated a nice 26.15 lb male. 8) Thinking sushi was the ticket, I switched over to running 3 sushi rigs and one plain, in hopes we could boat some more matures. However, over the next hour we only hooked up with an 8 lb steelhead before we had to pull lines at 10:30. We weighed in the king and should be in 17th place, but it appears Abe's isn't reporting the fish because I know there were 2 kings entered yesterday (25 and 27 lbs) and mine today that have not been posted on the LOC board. Anyone know what the deal is?

Fish today came on Green echip/green glow fly, black with green glow ladder nk mup rig, raspberry nk mag, and chartruese echip/aqua hammer sushi, riggers set at 72 and 82, and wires at 340'.

It was one of those beautiful days on the lake when you wish you could stay out all day. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow with Woody if the wind doesn't come up tonight...

Noticed this AM that Sodus finally called in the fish. I'm sitting in 20th place and I am sure it'll be off the board by the end of the day! I bet you'll need a 30+ to place this year with all the big fish being caught. C'mon people, let's see that 40 lb'er this year!!! :clap::yes::yes: