Hot Lure: none

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 1.9-2.5

Boat Depth: 90-200'

Lure Depth: 65-115

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Day one: Arrived early morning had our first king by 8:30 on 42nd spin doctor with 42nd fly out 305 on the wire. Several more kings hooked and lost with one steelhead landed. All fish on spin doc's and flys.

Day two: Started early and no bites until 8 am. The 305 out wire went again. Slowed down quite a bit until around two when we got into a couple fish that got off and a stocker bow. Then just before sun set we got into two more kings on a mtndew spin with a hammer down 65 on the rigger. Bing bang then nothing.

Day three: Not one bite all morning. Went to eat and check the dopler. Weather looked OK so we launched again around 4:30. Made a pass east and reversed to head west. Got back about 3/4 of the way and headed to shore due to a storm fast approaching. Storm ended up breaking up and passing us. We decided to stay in since there was only going to be about an hour left to fish and it hadn't been good for most people out there.

Day four: Fishing by 5:30 great picture, no fish. Tons of boats everywhere. Picked a coho on a silver protroll and packer fly. That was our only fish. Got off the water at 8:30 pm. Hoping for a late bite. Boats beside us got fish behind us got fish we couldn't buy a second hit. We had all the right lures in the spread (yeah spread, four rods, lol). Changed distance off the ball up down and around but no bites. Saw quite a few fish shoot up to look at the ball and head off with out hitting.

Overall not a bad trip as we had two days where we had some action. Just wish the action was a little more prolonged rather than the half hour bite then nothing. Our largest fish this trip was 27lbs. I heard a lot of names on the radio from this site. Didn't meet anyone that I know of anyway.

Things I learned from this trip.

1. more rods in the water is a good thing. We were limited in the water we could cover with four.

2. I don't have enough lures to match what the salmon may be hitting at any particular time. I did research this site and have the most popular lures. When those don't work

I'm dead in the water.

3. I heard on the radio with a SE or SW wind that the deeper you go the bumpyer it gets. I liked that one and found it to be true.

4. The lake can lay right down real fast and get back up just as fast.

5. Listen to the locals. When they say weather is coming and they run to the barn you better be right behind them.

6. I should have bought a green protroll, but I wasn't sure what type of taping should have been on it...................Too many choices.

7. I got lucky getting out all 8 days that I planned to fish this year. That doesn't happen to everyone.

8. I saved $25 by not entering the LOC derby. I doubt that one coho would have done me any good, lol.

Thanks to everyone that answered questions on this site. You guys are a big help for someone that doesn't fish that water much. Saves a lot of time trying to figure it out.

Mark

Mark, (good name by the way) Great post. Glad to hear you had a relaxing time on the big "O" :clap: . Sometimes less is more with the # of rods. Less fuss with tangles and less noise in the water with lines running and cables running. Two riggers cheated with sliders or fixed cheaters and two divers covers a lot of water with six offerings. There are days when the bite is just not good and it will not matter how many lines you have or how many different baits there are in the water, they just don't want to activate, and if they are active then you will have a hard time keeping it all in the water at the same time any way. Speed and target depth is more critical than color or bait in a lot of cases. I usually vary my speed and direction a lot to see if that is the trick and in most cases it is just that. What you found with the bite window was consistent with my findings, even out here in Point Breeze, and a few of the other posts on here were the same findings as well. Keep up the good work on the learning curve, it appears you have learned a lot and the curve should be a lot less from now on :clap:

Mark