New Guy III

Name: DC

Home Port: Ashtabula

Boat Name/Type:22' Sailfish Center Console

I fish for: Walleye, Perch, Steelies

==================

I have started the planning process for a couple of trips to Lake O next year. Took a charrter out of Wilson about 10 years ago, but still remember the burning arms from reeling in the Kings we hooked up with. Searching this website, looks like all the information I need is here. Do have one question for now. I plan on driving up to Lake O in a couple of weeks. Purpose of the trip is to find some salmon eggs, to take back for Steelhead fishing in the fall and winter. Any suggestion on where I should start my search?

Ray,

That sounds like a great idea. Walleye fishing off of Bula was late this year. The bite the last 2 weeks has been hot. This weekend we had a big blow come through (5-7 footers). We will have to see where the fish scattered to. I work a rotating swing shift so I have days off mid week and some weekend. If we can not get out walleye fishing, the fall perch bite should be starting in a couple of weeks.

I have a long weekend coming up in September 11 - 17th. I was planning on driving up to Lake O one day to find someone with freash salmon eggs. I like to bring back some eggs for fall / winter steelhead fishing. I was thinking I could hang out around Lewiston or Olcott, hoping to find someone who will trade eggs for walleye fillets. Any thoughts? Stay in touch.

DC