Hot Lure: Death Wish Spinny / Purple Pasion Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5

Down Speed: ???

Boat Depth: 40 - 160

Lure Depth: 20 - 75

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Tough morning on the lake for sure. Strong SE winds made it tough with 1-3' waves in the 40-70 fow range and occasional 4 footers beyond 70 fow. Set up over 50 fow in front of the silos and marked a ton of fish all throughout the water column from surface to the bottom. I counted 12 fish on the graph at one point! :o I threw everything at them and tried all different directions and speeds to no avail. I couldn't get any of them to budge. As the morning wore on the winds began to slacken a bit so we started to work deeper and had our 175' wire get wacked over 75 fow. Felt like a 6-8 lb brown and it threw the hook halfway back to the boat. At that point we were marking occasional bait pods on the bottom and up high around 30-50 ft down. I decided to use my super hi-tech dual-guage probe for temp (i.e. Checked my balls :lol: ) and found that the temp was down 45-50 ft as my 40 ft rigger weight was warm and my 50 ft weight was ice cold. We swung out as deep as 175 fow with nothing on the screen and when we came back into the 50-75 fow range the earlier marks were gone. The lake was calming down nicely around 11am, but we had to come in due to prior commitments. Only saw 4 other boats out today and didn't see much activity. We finished 0 for 1 today. Looks like tomorrow will be a blow-off day and I am booked with beginning of school shinanagans through Thursday, so Friday will be my next day out weather permitting. Good luck to all of you who can get out mid-week - looks like some good days on the big pond once this blow has gone through... :yes: