Fall trip

Big Dave

Had an interesting summer. Had right knee replaced and found out that I heal slower than I used to!!! My son in law helped me rebuild a Starcraft Islander hardtop. We took it over to Cayuga and buzzed around and found out it wouldn't idle down enough to fish Salmon with Marlin maybe. Rebuilt the carb and were off. Was nervous because this boat had not been in the water for 10 years. It ran like a top and never gave us a bit of trouble. Our first day of fishing we went 3 for 6 out in front of 9 mile. My son in law hadn't caught a fish bigger than 4# before. That first salmon came in like a puppy on a leash swam up to the boat and we netted it. I had told Kris about them before and he was a little disapointed. The second rod popped and that one took out over 400' , He was hanging on to the rod hollering what am I suposed to do!!! :lol: That one came off , but made up for the first one. Our biggest was 28# and we had a good time. The boat worked great , and we are happy with the way it fishes. The washdown pump was a big help when the state park had no water, took our showers out in the boat. :lol: Heated lunch up on the heatexcanger . Was a fun two weeks

No we were in a camper in the store loop . The boat has real low hours on it, 22' hardtop.. Started up and ran on 10 year old gas. Drained out 32 gal of old gas and put in a water filter assm. The metal and paint was like new. Should last me a long time.