NC with the grand kids

FISHINMAN

Took the grand kids to the pond across from there house in NC when I was on vacation a couple weeks ago. After spending over an hour the night before untangling 2 of the reels (couldn't believe that you could get as much line as I pulled out of a Zebco 33 into a Zebco 33 :devil: ) and then buying a third so there was no fighting over them and some worms hit the mostly mucky seaweed cover pond :( . Did a bunch of gills, 1 LG bass about 1lb and landed 1 carp about 15lbs on the "JUNIOR FIELD TESTER" rod and reel combo :o:lol::clap: Let the kids fight it a few times each before it broke off at shore (couldn't get close enough to grab it with all the muck and mud)

The best fun was the second day there when my 8 year old grandson was bringing in his bobber from about 10 feet from shore when a fish (pretty sure it was another carp) just crushes his worm :o . I didn't even have time to step towards him. All I heard and saw was ZZZZZZZZZZZZIP SNAP and a scared, shocked look on his face :lol: ! Fish gone :( Still can't believe he held onto the pole :yes:

We then watched as the fish moved all around the pond with the bobber going up, down, in, out all over the place. It was like the scene from Jaws with the barrels :lol: They/we got such a kick out of watching it for the next hour before we left.

Here's a few pics of the kids with the fish and doing there Jimmy Houston imitations "kissing the fish" :o:lol:

Photo0475.jpg

Photo0474.jpg

Photo0472.jpg

Photo0471.jpg

Photo0470.jpg

Photo0476.jpg

This grandpa could not have been happier :clap::clap::yes::yes:

Looking forward to doing that again next time down!

You're one lucky grandpa to have that group, and they're lucky to have a grandpa who takes them fishing. What's a few tangles when you're rewarded with those smiles. Good work Tom!! See Musky for his Adirondack Karp recipe with Fruit Loop breading, kids will love it.