Fishingm the lower Niagara@ Lewiston

I plan on giving the Lower Niagara area a shot this weekend. Of the three main areas, Whirlpool, Devils Hole and the Power Authority, which would someone suggest be the best area for this time of year? I've seen a lot of video posts of people float fishing these areas from the bank and wonder if a slip float or fixed float is the best rig and what depth is best? I'll be fishing fresh skein and egg sacs, but am not afraid to throw hardware if needed. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Artpark.

Much easier access to the water and plenty of fish in that area. The walk down (and back up) at both the hole and whirlpool are not for the faint of heart. with the depth, slip floats work better, expecially if there is decent water clarity. when Erie is pumping chocolate milk over the falls, the fish will be right on the ledge/drop right under your rod tip, but if you've got 2-3 foot visibility, they'l lbe further offshore in deeper water.

Tim

Park right in the parking lot at the Artpark Facility at the end of S 4th street in Lewiston. Head south towards the river along the fence and there is a metal stairs down to the water, if you continue south along the footpath, you'll also come to a ravine that you can climb down as well.

Tim