woohoo found a rocket launcher!!

lakebound88

Been searching for two years, and finally found a rocket launcher for my boat at a reasonable price! Picking it up Friday in Rochester. Pics to come! anyone suggest mounting tips as far as a base plate for between the arc base and gunnel? tips would be great.

Congrats on the find. When I mounted the arch on my boat,I used aluminum backer plates on the back side of the gunwale.I had some 1/8"flat stock and cut it into circles a bit larger than the plated on the arch.

I thru bolted it with flat head stainless machine bolts.The holes on the arch mounts were countersunk,so the flat heads fit nicely in them and made a very professional look.

It makes for a very solid mount.I can hang off it (and I weigh 250)with no flex at all in the arch or gunwale.

awesome i was definatlely thinking to do the backer plates that way, i was also thinking of making some nice urethane spacers to go botween the mount and the boat...i think it will look nice and maybe help add some strength.

ray, dont you wish. :rofl:

i will post pics when i can mount it, i have to take my shrink wrap off first. so, about early march we will see!!

getting kinda of heavy dont ya think? it came with brackets for the inside gunnel, but, my concern at most now is my outriggers, the A-frame to the launcher will be directly over my mounts for the riggers..i think im sacrificing my riggers and doing away with them..18footers, may be for sale in march if its what i gotta do.