Saturday 5/5 - Started the day getting away from the shoreline. Found an area of 50.5 degree water. Worked it and took 1 King, 1 Steelie and 3 Lakers. Largest Laker was 16.4 lbs. boated by my girlfreind and is currently in 9th. place. Dropped three other bites Did not get to see the fish. A lot of debris in the area and was setting up a nice scum line. Spoons were the all glow R&R and Gr/Glow

Most boats were working inside with varied results. Browns mostly.

Sunday 5/6 - Returned to same area and as thought, the 50 degree water was gone with the NE wind. Temp. was 44.6. Scum line broken apart. Did manage to boat a couple coho and 1 Steelie. Silver hammered and smooth silver Stingerss. Worked the inside for a short time and did not push a rod.

Off the water by noon.

Reports varied again with the best catch being 11 fish. Stained water inshore. Seemed like all boats caught a few fish.

The Pen-reared Steelhead were released at 6pm on 5/6. To my knowledge only three or four fish were lost out of the 7500 pen-reared. Fish were reported to be 17 to the lb. vs 21 to the lb. in the past. A BIG THANK YOU to all the volunteers.

Sandy Creek also received its allotment of 110K Chinooks as direct stocking into the creek last week. Fish were stocked at the state launch.

Heading to Olcott on Wednesday to fish the remainder of the LOC. Reportrs from there are not stellar but hey you only need one fish !!!!!

Good Luck to all.

the 50 degree water moved just outside of I-Bay on Sunday. We setup trolling in 40' of water and it was 45 degrees down 20'. Kept moving West out of the bay and hit water that was 49.9 degrees 30' down over 60 then we hit water that was 42 degrees.

It looked like Sandy was a very popular spot this weekend. We didn't make it down that far but counted 16 boats at one point(that we could see)