Spring Fishing

Looking for some information regarding the best times and places to fish for browns and steelies in the spring. Haven't fished the lake for about ten years now. I used to come up with a co worker and fish with a guy named Jack. We stayed at North of the Ridge campground where Jack had his camper. Jack used to keep in radio contact with a gentleman from Blue Ribbon Charters if I remember correctly. I think we went out of somewhere near Point Breeze. I have a 21' rig with a 115 hp of my own now, not what I really wanted but it gets me on the water! I have planer board set ups ( both tow line and in line) plus downriggers. I fished a little for walleyes on Erie last year and did some fishing at Raystown for stripers and lakers. I am looking to make a few trips this spring probably near the end of April or early May for the first trip to try my luck. Any suggestions on where to stay (reasonably), where to launch and most of all where to fish would be greatly appreciated. I am only a recreational fisherman when it comes to this style of fishing and am grateful for any tips tactis that might help put a few fish in the boat. Thanks for your time!

Legacy is right the oak is a good place to start. If you want to catch the browns stay in close however in the last few years some good salmon are being caught out a little farther that time of year. Check attheoak.com before you come up as well as this sight for good reports from all the guys up here. No need to have just one friend on a radio anymore these sites help out alot.