Important Wind Turbine Info

All,

I received this email from a concrened friend who has been following the wind turbine project since the beginning. This is in reference to the Wayne county vote this evening at the Lyons County Courthouse for wind turbine project off Wayne county.

Your input would be appriciated.

'Dear Friends,

As many of you know – we are strongly opposed to offshore wind turbines proposed in Lake Ontario and Lake Erie that are being promoted by the New York Power Authority. (NYPA) NYPA has designated the area right off our property as a potential turbine site. On Weds. evening, March 31st - the Wayne County Board of Supervisors is having a public hearing at a special meeting in the county court house in Lyons, NY about this issue, taking public comments and we will be speaking against the Great Lakes Offshore Wind (GLOW) project at that meeting. Wayne County is accepting email comments on this issue from the public prior to this important meeting and we are asking if you would send an email to the Wayne County Board of Supervisors requesting that they not support NYPA and oppose the wind turbines in Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. The Board will then vote to support or oppose this project based on the comment it receives. Please email a sentence or two and send to:

[email protected]

Some reasons for opposing this project are:

-Permanent loss of view shed

-Tremendous loss of property value and marketability

-Light trespassing or loss of darkness over the lakes from turbine blinking lights

-Nuisance of shuttering

-Nuisance of reflecting sunlight

-Nuisance of turbine noise plus it’s a known health hazard

-Negative implications for boaters and fishermen – their travel will be restricted in the areas were turbines are located

-Negative impact on tourism

-Avian and bat carnage that is certain to occur

-Winter ice will destroy the turbine structures. This project has never been attempted anywhere in freshwater in the world – we would be the guinea pigs in this expensive experiment

-Turbines will cause electromagnetic interference affecting TV, aircraft and boating communication '

THANKS,

Jim

Don't forget that the Great Lakes are a declared national Treasure (Exec Order 13340) and that there are a considerable number of endangered/threatened species in the water i.e. sturgeon, American Eel & Atlantic Salmon plus others.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Good news- The proposal for offshore wind turbines off Wayne county was unanimously rejected by the Board of Supervisors 15-0.

Here's the email I received about the meeting:

It was standing room only at the Wayne county courthouse in Lyons tonight. Approx. 30+ people spoke on the NYPA offshore turbine issue but not all speakers were opposed. A few wanted the offshore wind and several wanted more info. When it came to a vote at the end of the meeting the Board of Supervisors were unanimous - 15 to 0 against NYPA and the offshore project. The Board was not happy that NYPA reps didn't attend the meeting. Some supervisors wanted to look into some offshore issues but the NYPA timeline made them feel there wasn't enough time hence the safest thing to do was vote against the offshore issue. One point brought out by a speaker was that turbines would be the site of graffiti - we never heard that one before but its got to be true. Channel 10TV had a crew there - maybe it will be telecast tonight.

Rob Aliasso informs me that the April 12 NYPA meeting at MCC is full and cannot handle any more people. I had planned to attend but it now looks like I won't.

Now we'll have to see what Monroe County will do about NYPA offshore issue - with time running out. Wait till the folks in Irondequoit and Greece begin to understand what offshore turbines are all about.

Its kind of clear to me that NYPA is their own worst enemy & Kessel hasn't learned from his prior mistakes. Kessel himself is a major part of the problem.