Good weather Bad news

While taking Lake temps last week or so and watching turkeys in full strut in middle of march. Not to mention we broke an all time record +86 degrees today and 1st march on record we had NO measurable snow here. Lake Erie has had no ice for a while and 45-50 temps west (Sandusky-Toledo area--Buffalo harbor area 46 degree dumping into Niagara river). I decided to take a trip to area creeks/streams & rivers. Most were lower & clearing up. What concerns me is the rising temps this early, ALL Pen projects for the salmon could be affected by this. If the creek temps warm to fast the D.E.C. would have no choice but to skip putting Kings into pens and direct stock into creek, or very least limit time in pens. Kings are not due for another week or so I hope temps level to cool down. IT IS A HUGE ADVANTAGE having these fish in pens feeding every hour on high protein pellets as long as possible.

We will wait and see.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

Jerry,

You trying to bum us all out? Its called "good friday".

Lake water levels are way down also. Sandy Creek is at least 2' lower than it normally is this time of year. Were experiencing september water levels.

Tom,

Because of the size of Sandy we are actually threated by this every year. We have an agreement with the DEC to be one of the first sites to recieve fish because of our temp spikes. It doesnt take much for Sandy to raise 5 degrees or more in a 24 hour period.