reel hard on cayuga 4-11

hi everyone. we started at tremaine st. park at dawn. pulled big boards and sticks from the get go in shallow. things were slow allday. picked up a few browns on firetiger patterns. mostley sticks, but honeybee spoon pulled its weight. did manage a 9-10 lb. brown(not sure, my scales' battery is dead). ended up going 7-7 for the day. we tried deeper water later in the day' but did not have much luck. lots of debris on the east side of the lake.I caught a marker bouy somebody left out in the lake + lots of fire wood floating every where. i just missed catching a lawn chair that was just hanging out in the middle of the lake. not bad for the first time on cayuga for the year.--dave "reel hard"

h5nz9.jpg

h5A1S.jpg

Nice fish Dave. We were out int the trophy that lauched just before you. We went 11 for 13. lost a nice brown at the boat. We caught our first brown before we had all the lines set up, then lost the nice one shortly after. After that we headed north up the west side to get a little break from the wind and put the 6 color off the boards. Caught a LL while setting up with the line in my hand about to clip it on the release. Caught 2 lakers on the wire with a green spin doctor and a home-made fly. Besides that the rest were shakers. We found the warm water again later in the day on the east side up towards the salt plant but not much there. after the first 2 browns all the fish came out of the colder water for some reason. Sounded like a few guys had a good day. We had a good day, but still waiting for a good finger lakes slammer.

good luck this season!

thanks lil' troller. glad you guys had a good day too. this is the first time i've fished this early in the year, so the learning curve for me right now is pretty big. i got my boat in july last year, and my old one wasn't set up with planner boards. i've just tried what i read on this site. i've fished this area in may, but usualy out deeper. there used to be some marker bouys out on the drop, but they weren't there. does any one know if they'll be putting them back in? i think they were in 80-100ft. of water. We pulled some lead core on sunday too but didn't do any on that. We'll be back on the water thurs, probly seneca. if your out, give us a shout "Reel Hard" channel 68-- Dave