Old victrolla set-up?

Got an old victrolla (sp) rig willed to me from my father. I would like to put this to use for sentimental reasons. It is spooled now with heavy mono leader, should I switch to florocarbon, wire, ect? What lenth of leads off the main line and any spoon selections would help. Anyone still use one of this rigs still? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have run the victrolla rigs when I was fishing for lake trout in canandaigua lake. We would use this rig and side wheels when we fished out of 14ft. alum. open fishing boats.We would make the distance between the beads on the main line 20ft.There are 5 of them. The length of the leaders,off the main line,are 20ft. We would use a1lb. or 1 1/2lb.weight and bounce the weight on the bottom. The leaders and the main line are wound together on the spool and the spoon hooked onto the top of the spool. We ran 5 spoons because the law said we are allowed 15 hook points or 5 treble hooks. This is a hand held rig and worked all right for lake trout,browns,and small rainbows. I cannot imagine having a 20lb. salmon on this rig. Dont know if this helps or not but anything more I can help with, just ask. ps I still have my victrolla rig and side wheels.