Planer boat mast for 21ft walkaround Sea Fox

We will be getting a Sea Fox Walkaround boat in a few weeks. and would like some advice on the best way to put planer board masts on the boat. Where to buy them. and what make. thanks alot.

Maisie

Big Jon masts seem to be very popular this is what mast I have that I recently aquired and what most of my friends run. The mast comes 6 ft and can be adjusted and best to mount most forward on the boat on the highest place possible this will allow your boards to run the best with your tow line positioned the best and highest off the water and allow your releases to slide down the best when rigging rods. Be sure to mount on an extremely stable part of your bow or wherever you find to be most suitable, and if possible to thru bolt with a backing plate, this will keep it secure in rough water, you don't need it pulling out and it coming through your windshield, big boards pull very hard and it can happen trust me I've seen it happen on Erie. As far as where to buy a mast, pick a place most places sell Big Jon for 199.99 maybe a few bucks more or cheaper my advise is support a local tackle shop and buy from them even if it's a few buck more. I know guys on Ontario like Otter boats but guys on Erie mostly run Amish Outfitter RedWood Planer Boards, they are collapsable and take up less space and the longer you have them the better they run as they absorb water. Any other questions ask away.