transducer mounting with twin inboard

Hey guys i am looking for a little help. i have had mixed opinions regarding the mounting location of 2 transducers one

being the fish hawk x4 transducer and the hummingbird 1197 SI transducer. the only place i can mount it is in the middle

of the transom. the boat is a 31' baha and the distance from prop to prop is roughly 14''. i am worried that by having both

transducers side by side i will have interference. the FH trans runs on 70khtz and the HB trans runs on 83 or 200. i will for

the most part be running on 83. how close can they be together??? since the transducers are behind the props am i going

to have a lot of interference from cavitation while on plane?? anyone running the fish hawk and another transducer side by

side? should i consider ordering the through hull plastic tran with side imaging or running a shoot through the hull trans and

maintaining the transom mount for the side imaging and linking them both together with a Y cable. anyone with advice and

experience would be great.

thanks

Not sure about the fish hawk transducer but the 1197 should have an option for a thru hull. A good marina should be able to layout the best place to locate the transducer. Marine epoxy the puck to the hull no need to drill a hole. They also make a transducer that is drilled thru the bottom of your boat (ouch) but if done right it's not an issue

Do not mount them next to each other. I did that and my 83/200 transducer interfears with my fishawk. I have to turn off my fish finder to get my hawk to work. Someday I will get around to moving one to the other side of the boat.