Hot Lure: Various

Trolling Speed: 2.3 for Browns, 1.7 for Lakers

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 5 to 8 feet for Browns, 100 to 125 for Lakers

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took my boss and cousin with me to fish the sands south of Stony Creek for three days last week. Thursday was a blow off day. We tried the Harbor at Henderson for a few hours with no luck. Appearently a few browns have been taken from the Harbor. Friday morning we put in at Stony Creek and very slowly made our way to the lake. Had to back up once to get off the mud flat but we made it. Fished in front of the creek for about an hour but water was clear and there were quite a few boats. Pulled up and headed south and put lines back out between the Park and the estuary. Color was good and we did 7 for 8 on Browns up to 9 pounds in a pretty short time. Then just like that, it was over. Tried depths from 5 feet to 45 feet and only managed to catch and release one Northern the rest of the day. Hot lures were the Jr thunderstick in the brown trout pattern and a couple NK lite 28's that I got from Pike Hunter and taped up myself. One was silver on the bottom, chartreuse prism on top with orange spots. The other was one my wife taped up while watching me take some. She put it together with pretty colored scrap pieces of tape I had. It was mostly siver with pink, purple and green in it. You can see it hanging from one of the browns in the pictures. I promised her I'd run it and it ended up our best lure. Go figure! We went back to the same spot, starting right in front of the park on Saturday morning and only managed one brown and missed a couple. Trolled all the way to North Pond entrance and back. Never saw another net move on any of the boats that were there. Most everyone vacated by noon. Tried different depths and finally late in the afternoon we ran to the finger off the light and made one pass for Lakers. Had four hits and landed three up to 11 pounds. They came on the fire tiger bells and the yellow/orange spot peanut run 5 feet off bottom. Took one in 100 feet and two at around 120 feet. Overall it was pretty slow but we had a great time. Can't wait to get back out there in July.

5VHQJ.jpg

1eid9.jpg

kQSqA.jpg

5WfLJ.jpg

5WpKi.jpg

1ezG9.jpg