Seneca North End 5/26

I got out with the little tin boat for a couple hours this am. There was a TON of cottonwood on the water! I didn't even try to run the boards. I grabbed a small Landlock off the rigger on a Alpeena Diamond. That same spoon hooked a nice brown that I lost at the back of the boat...probably around 5 lbs.

I played around trying some new spoons, etc. for the rest of the morning. One of the things I tried was a thumper set-up. I put a 3-way swivel on my wire rod and a 1 lb weight trolling a trash-can dodger and fly. I was using a 9'6" Daiwa Heartland rod...must be guys who run this use a heavier rod? All it did was bounce with the waves...I've heard it's supposed to show the action of the dodger in the tip as a speed indicator.

I saw about 5 other boats out this am...It felt good to get out there! My dad and I have been fishing this derby since I was 8...I get excited about it every year.

If any of you guys at Sampson are pre-fishing tomorrow and want another guy, give me a ring or txt! (kind of boring out there by myself!) 

Man those Landlocks are tasty!

tBFX9.jpg

tBKWr.jpg

Edited by Zebedee

:yes:

i hear it tough fishing on the north end, south end stinks too, we only managed 4 LL on sunday. but didnt make it out til noon. Hopefuly this cooler weather this weekend will put some A+ fish in the boat. tight lines and good luck guys!!