Waves: not much

Surface Temp: 66

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): a little west of port

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated: 6

Species Breakdown: 1 Atlantic, 2 Steelhead, 1 dink Salmon, 1 willow branch, and a piece of plastic shroud

Hot Lure: super slims

Trolling Speed: 3+ SOG

Down Speed: 2.2-2.8

Boat Depth: 50 - 220

Lure Depth: 15 - 80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

A great way to celebrate a birthday is to go fishing. :yes: I had a good time fishin with my Dad and FISHINMAN Tom yesterday. One thing I learned was when you're telling your friends what time to be at your house, it is best to state the time as 4:45 and not quarter to five. That way, your friend doesn't mistake quarter to five for quarter AFTER five leaving you waiting in your driveway all loaded and ready to go. :o:lol: We headed N/W out of port and set up in 60 fow on a NW troll running 2 riggers with spoons and free sliders, 2 wires out 90 and 120 with flasher flies , a 5 color leadcore down the chute with a spoon, and a 400 copper of a planer board with a spoon. Trolled out to 200 and then back SW to 60 with noithin to show for it except some uninvited guests - bugs! There are a lot of hatches going on now - most were like the fish and NOT BITING. We decided to troll back NE to 220 and at about 120 we hooked up with our first fish - a nice young steelhead - on a superslim diehard on a free slider off the 55 rigger, which the birthday boy "ethically released" 50' behind the boat. ;) We hooked up again on the same rod and guess what - yup - instant replay and another "ethical release" :o:$ . Of course that led to some razzing of the birthday boy by the other crew members :P . This also prompted the birthday boy to do a little CSI discovering some brand new, out of the package, dull hooks! :o:$ . A little stone work and the lures were re-deployed. Shortly thereafter, the port rigger fires and Tom, not wanting to witness another dropped fish, dives for the rod, nearly nocking me out of the boat, and proceeds to bravely fight a beauty of a piece of plastic shroud to the boat. :o:lol: Ahhhhh, the paybacks of razzing your friends :P:yes: We went on a dry spell for awhile and then the copper rod with a Northern King green hologram mag starts bobbing and Tom, still tired from his previous "battle", lets the birthday boy take the rod. The fish comes right to the top and we think - steelhead, and it looks to be a good one. When we get it near the boat we realize - ATLANTIC! :yes:

====================

Fx2K0.jpg

It tipped the scales at 14lbs. Unfortunately we couldn't revive it :( , so it's going on the wall. After another lull in the action, the starboard rigger at 57' fires and Tom hooks up with a nice steelie that hit a superslim diehard on a free slider.

5fl9A.jpg

The same rigger fires a short time later and we dragged my Dad out of the drivers seat and he landed and small steelie. The next rod to fire was the leadcore pullin an superslim 42second spoon and my Dad battled a nice willow branch to the boat which we properly disposed of. We picked up a small shaker king on a superslim diehard and then called it a day. There were a lot of debris, logs and branches in the water, so be careful out there. Fish caught were primarily between 110 and 160fow. Thanks Tom and Dad for a nice day!

Shawn

Quarter to 5 quarter after 5 whatever didn't really need to start fishing until like 11am anyways since they wouldn't get going until then, so just think of all the extra beauty sleep you cost us and Lord knows you could use that :D

I want to thank Shawn for inviting me to fish along with him and his dad aka "MuskyIke" (what a driver but hey i didn't have to drive so I was happy) :lol::P on this ever so prestigious occasion, the 48th birthday of Shawn the "copper man" Burr which I might add was only a 200 foot (first time I have run it and yes Jerry no tangles :yes::yes::yes: and thanks again Brian Gamble for the knot tying job too :yes: ) although watching you reel in that Atlantic (which probably weighed 18# when you first started to reel it in :lol: ) in at your advanced age, would make one think it was a 400 :P:P

After watching ole dropsy with the first 2 "ethical releases" I wasn't gonna get up at 4:30am to watch you drop anymore fish so when a rod fired I was gonna be all over it like like Hank on a leaky lower unit :lol:

For a while I thought all we were gonna land was that piece of plastic shroud until "Muskyike" finally put us on some fish after 4 hours of threats to take his boat driving privileges away if he didn't get us on some fish soon.

What I really thought wasn't nice was Shawn physically yanking his poor father ole "Muskyike" out of his seat to fight the "willow branch" on the 5 color with his sore hands that he had to take a whole bottle of Advil in the morning just to help with the pain from all the gardening he had done the day before.

"We" think steelhead until "we" get it in the boat and then not "WE" but "I" say ATLANTIC and another person :wait::thinking::wondering: .......... (hint he was the :party::cake: guy) says "brown trout" ???? :o:$:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P;)

All in all it was a great day to be on the water with a couple of super nice guys and catching some nice fish. The Atlantic and the steelie were unfortunate victims of bleeding like OJ had been at there house :o:D:D and had to be kept.

I got ya 2 of them there SS I'll drop off to you Shawn. After having to go to Narby's since C.C. didn't have them or the wire I needed but did have some other "stuff" I bought that if you ask my wife or pretty much any fisherman's wife would tell ya you "DON'T NEED". I will say the lady working at Narby's was very nice (usually works in the store she said) and said after asking her that she wouldn't tell my wife and would make sure the bill doesn't show up on my credit card statement until like 2015 :D

P.S. NO RAY AND BOB I am NOT :puke: over the side of the boat. I am washing the qt of blood from the fish off of me

Nice Atlantic Shawn!

I had some friends here from California last Friday and we picked up a nice 9 lb Atlantic right in front of the Genny in about 70 FOW. It hit a copper cup chicken wing stinger on the free slider over the 60 rigger. They are really awesome. Did two taildances for us. (Did you catch the article in the paper this weekend about the Atlantic comeback?)

Good job.

JAM