Surface Temp: 61-64

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 7

Total Boated: 6

Species Breakdown: 2 kings 5 steelhead

Hot Lure: nk28 black with orange stripe / flat white back when cloudy, nk28 gold with red tip when sunny

Trolling Speed: depended on direction

Down Speed: slow 2.0 - 2.25

Boat Depth: 350-400 fow

Lure Depth: >50'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Great morning. Hit the water early believing weather was going to turn bad by 11... it didnt. weather man 0 for 2 on Saturday predictions. setup in 90 fow and worked north in front of pump. 55degrees 100 down over 170 fow and I picked up a shaker king off the probe rigger on a stinger stingray glow watermellon. I have manual riggers so I would prefer not to fish 100 feet down if I can help it, so I kept going north. At 350 fow and my kicker ran out of gas so I started the big motor. Just as I did and was still a bit below my original troll speed, rod fires on a free slider off a 60 foot rigger. Took and old style R&R (not sure of the name) purple / blue edges with 1 black dot in center with a single hook. I moved the rest of my set up and slowed my troll down. Continued NE/SW troll and hit several more steelies in that area then started to troll back to port picking up a juvenile king 60 down at 250 to finish the day. Was changing lures like mad when the sun would disappear and then re-appear. Flat backs and dark colors when there was no sun and bright colors and shiny stuff when it would come out. My diver/spinny rod was never touched.

Steelies were all between 9-13 pounds, and they were on spoons off riggers above 50 fow. Unless my probe battery is dying, they liked it slow today.

dutch6_19steelie.jpg