Hot Lure: Pickle aka DW pk kovorkian

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.5 - 2.8

Boat Depth: 160 - 260

Lure Depth: 44- 72

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got a chance to get out for a few hours with Captain Carl Bish on his Salmo Charters boat on Tuesday out of the OAK in the morning along with his father Carl Sr and my son in law Mike.

We hit the water at 5:30 and headed out to 160fow and dropped the first rod down 72 on the rigger. Carl no sooner set it in the holder and it was off and running. Threw my son in law on the rod and he landed a this nice 13 lb king :yes:

th_Picture001-1.jpg

Circled the area and manged to pick a up few more fish. :yes: Headed north a bit and took a few more fish including some nice coho's over 10# and some nice steelies including one that had been in the creek very recently which was long, thin and had some nice pink color on it still.

Here's a couple of the bows:

th_Picture004.jpg

th_Picture002.jpg

We were running out of time with the rain coming and as Mike was reeling in another bow we had this 16# king hit. This bad a$$ decided to stay down then just take off across the back of the boat and then straight out 200+ feet without stopping :clap:

th_Picture005.jpg

200 copper took 3 fish with a small orange dodger and fly combo and , 300 copper with a Moonshine carbon 14 took 1 fish and the 44 foot rigger with a Dream Weaver PK glow Kevorkian aka Pickle as Carl would call it and the 72 foot rigger with a Moonshine Raptor were the hot riggers.

Had 1 shot on a wire out 200 and did zero fish on sliders :o

Made us some nice steak, egg and cheese sandwiches on crusty bread in the morning (still warm when we ate them :clap: ) and had a great time fishing and talking with Carl, his dad and my son in law even though I had to listen to bust my chops the whole time out there about "ethically releasing" 2 fish :o:lol: one that jumped and spit the hook and the one that was off before I even got the wire rod out of the holder :(

fishiman, great report. Carl is a great guy and I had to laugh at your comment about busting your chops for "ethically releasing" fish. I went out with him once and one of the girls landed our first fish which was a nice big laker. I netted it and got the hook out. Carl reset the rod. I grabbed the fish and released it not thinking, we never took pictures and the fact this fish was her biggest of lifetime. OOOPPPPPSSS. Carl rag on me the rest of the trip for that one. You never have a dull moment with him, either busy reeling or joking around, makes 8 hours feel like 10 minutes.