Olcott 7/3 and 7/4/pics

Two great days in Olcott.

Started in 170 on north troll and immediatly our starboard wire fired. Had it back 170/greenglow SD/ITO Irish. Sent it out and again fired. Both fish where 1 year olds and both where released. When we hit 250fow spoons started to fire, NBK Black/Purple strip, NBK Sea Sick Waddler, on both corner riggers running 60 and 70 down/ sliders. The first 4 hit the slider spoons.

When we hit 275 fow we had a triple with the magnum spoons fired along with starboard wire. We had to box one teenage king and released the other 2 cohos. On our turn to go south 70 rigger fired with a double, 2 bows on same pole gave my son a battle but we boated both.

All in all we fished until from 6 until Noon and went 27/30 releasing 20 and boxing 7. Mix of Kings, Cohos and Bows. Nothing big enough for Derby.

We returned Monday, 7/5 and headed toward our WPT's and started off the same as Saturday hitting 9 fish in 2 hours. Then it went dead for about an hour. Wires started going again, port set back 270/ Green SD and AGG ATM Fly, Starboard same Green Glow SD/ ITO Irish. Decided to change up lures went back to mag sea sick on pole and reg. sea sick on slider on the 70 rigger, mag frog on pole with ss glow frog on slider on the 85 rigger. Ran center brigger with mag nbk purple/purple stripe at 60. We began getting constant mixed bag but nothing very big exception couple of teen age kings.

I sent my 10 color lead down the shoot with a chrome echip flasher/ Hannah Christine fly(home made named after my grand daughter) and it fired 4 times (see pics of fish on the deck) and that made my whole trip.

Finally we had a screamer of the port wire set 270 back/ Gator SD/ Green Chrinkle fly/Black L J Dipsy. It screamed for 150' before we could start to real in, got it to 200 and ran again to 350, again started the reeling and it turned and ran 100 the POW wire breaks at the pole :@ . Could not beleave it, wire was only a week old.

If ya catch a nice King with a Green Crinkle ATM fly, SD Gator, a black LJ Disy pulling 350' of wire at least give me my gear back :@

All in all we went 20/26 with 8 in the box.

Returned

JDyU9.jpg

5uRN9.jpg

JDGnA.jpg

5v0LJ.jpg

Shade