Port Bay 6-2 Report

Got on the water at 7am and worked west of the chute 15-30 fow with not much happening, so we began our trek deeper and hooked up with a 12 lb brown (down 10' over 40 fow on a NBK green stinger mag set 100' back). We kept moving out and found a decent scum line around 100 fow. We worked the northern edge of it eastward and slightly east of Port Bay over 140 fow the port-side riger fired and the line went screamin' out. It was great to feel the power of a king again!! Landed a 16 lb king with a 2' lamprey still attached (he's been sun-bathing in the hedgerow all weekend). It hit my go-to set-up: down 45' over 140 fow silver prism dodger w/ aqua fly set 10' behind the ball. Surface speed was 2.2-2.5 with surface temps around 60. That was it for us. My dad didn't register for the summer LOC, otherwise I think we would be in 5th place or so. :roll:

I'm hoping to get out again this coming weekend. I heard that they caught a few kings off of Sodus out in the 300 fow area. Hopefully we can get a bit of a blow this week to stir things up a bit out there.