Seneca/Canandaigua 7/28

Promised my lil sister some good lake trout action so we hit the north end of Seneca at 7am. I hooked up pretty quick and soon realized I left my net at the house. I learned pretty quick that landing 7 or 8lb lakers without a net is quite a challenge. Landed 5 nice fish in about an hour and half and was really hoping she would get her first laker. Wind really picked up out of the South and I suggested heading to Woodville. Just as we were getting ready to head in she hooked up with a nice solid fish. Not a monster but she started to complain about her arms hurting. Landed the fish in short order, got a couple of quick picks and headed over to Canandaigua. Started out in 120 FOW after marking a few fish and she picked up a beauty on her first drop. Missed a few others and called it a day.

7V30S.jpg

eVqPr.jpg

eVtjA.jpg

Thanks Chris. Looks like you guys got them dialed in on CA. I've been spending a fair amount of time out there trying to hit them with the jigs. I'll get 5 or 6 fish in a morning but its work and alot of running around. Funny part is they really dont start chasing till later in the morning. My best times out there are usually between 8 and 11am.