We started out at 0630 due to one of our crew was a bit late and we added a co-worker of my sons. This was Joe's first time ever on the big O and he never saw or fished with riggers, wire or leadcore. We decided to start in 80 fow in hopes of breaking Joe's cherry on a Brown or two. The first rigger fired in 120 fow 45 down on a geterdone SS. Joe was in the cutty getting a water so my brother landed a nice 10lb. brown. As Joe came to the deck the 10 color leadcore went off and he had good fight until FISH OFF. We where in aww watching him reel so we had to do a quick class on pole handling. Two more fires and Joe handled them well even though they where skippies. Then it went dead and once we hit 250 fow we decided to go north to 400. At about 425 our inside wire started to screem and we let Joe take it and he landed a nice 11lb Steelhead which he wanted to keep. Once again nothing all the way to 525 fow so we decided to do an slow turn and point the boat toward the microwaves.

We kicked our down speed up from 2.8 to 3.1. I also put a wht on wht SD with a ATM Big Fin fly on the center rigger and ran it down to 75'. Five minutes later it fires and Joe had a 20 minute fight with an aerobatic 21# King. We continued on a south troll and our fly hook ups continued firing. Nothing bigger than the 21#, some 10 -15 lb. kings. We put all riggers on wht SD's and Green flies and had a blast. All in all we went 16 for 20 keeping just 1 King, I Steely and 1Brown with everything else released alive. We fished from 0700 - 1300. Our best hits came in 400 - 475 fow down between 65 - 75' at 3.1 mph. Best lures where ATM green crinkle, glow hammer, green dolphin and big fin flies with wht/wht and blue dot SD's

all took about the same numbers.

Shade