Fishing would probably be good at Sodus right now if you could keep your boat straight! :@

Friday afternoon we headed out around 3pm... our goal was to head out deep to search for the kings that have been missing for weeks. We had been told that the lake had flipped and was COLD in shallow. They weren't kidding! We setup in 70fow and pointed her north. We hit a brown on the 10 color core over 150fow on a green nbk. 200fow looked promising with some bait and some hooks, but they were all up around 15-20ft... I never have much luck when the fish are up in that range. Kept trucking north.... from 300fow to 600fow it was pretty much a ghost town. The 50 degree water slowly drifted down until it was about 80' down over 625fow. That was when the 82' rigger with a yellow NBK popped. It always such a nice feeling to reel down and feel that thud! Then Zingggggg! This was by far the strongest 28lber I've ever fought... it just didnt' want to join us. But we landed it and kept on going. We thought we had found the kings, but instead it was just a pocket of bait and fish. We circled back to the waypoint and took a shot again on the 82' rigger, but didn't hook up. A few secs later, the 70' rigger hooks up with a 5lb king on a green and glow spoon. It was getting late and I wanted to troll in instead of run in, so we left our spot. Around 250fow, the 100' 3 setting dipsey gets slammed. It was only about a 6lb steely, but it hit hard on an orange and gold. As soon as we land that, the 325' #2 dipsey starts RIPPING. The wife jumps on it and starts to reel it in... it's acting like a small brown trout. I said "that can't be, not with the way it hit... it has to be a good fish..." The wife goes on to tell me "you think all the fish we catch are b.... ZING ZING ZINNNNNNNNNNNG.... big" A good fight and we land a 26lber. It's late so we pull lines and head in.

Saturday: It was an early bite and we were late to the party. From 5-6:30 people were catching fish. We setup at 6:30 while three boats we knew were fighting majors... none of us would take a fish after that. We lasted until about 8:30 as a South troll was NOT much fun with the hard hitting waves and a north wave would put you in 600fow in no time. We went for breakfast.

Saturday evening and Sunday: The wind continued strong from the South and EAST... I know better than to bother fishing an East wind... and from the reports from the guys in our marina that went out... I didn't miss anything at all.

Maybe mother nature will cooperate next weekend ... as I think the fish are finally showing up in Sodus.

Nick