Got out for a few hours before work with my son and father in law. Trolled out to about 80 fow sraight out and headed east. Finally got a diver to work. Ran a dipsey with white spin doc and Hammer fly 150 out on a 2. 10 minutes later(we didn't get out until 8:30) it goes screaming. I am now going to run that wire diver setup anytime I get out this year. The fish ended up being a nice steellie(surprise). We also caught a nice coho, and released both. We took a few other hits and marked lots of bait near bottom and suspended from east of port to the pumphouse. Thank's to all for the great info on flasher/flies. It finally paid off. Thank's again- Mick

Mick, Mick, MICK.....we gotta work on your terminology. You are not a "cook". A "cook" is someone in an outcamp cooking beans and weenies on a camp stove. YOU are a "Culinary technician" or an "Executive Chef".

Try those terms when you ask Steve for that pay raise. They will work MUCH better than "cook".

See ya out there!

Paul

Free Spirit

Thank's for the advice Paul. Ray I should also add assistant dock installation and removal expert, lawn maintenance technician, plumber, painter, head bottle sorter, etc. etc. etc. :lol::lol::lol:

Got out again this morning with the wife and son. Trolled out to almost 200fow and found a blank screen other than some bait in 50-70 feet. Went northeast out of port and caught a little king not much bigger than the spin doc and Hammer fly it hit.(Wire diver again, and my 4 yr old was more than happy to reel that fish in) Trolled southwest a little past the pumphouse and had a nice hookup on a handpainted nk mag spoon on the rigger. The fish turned out to be a 14 Lb king.(my camera isn't working right now). I wish I could post a pick since that salmon had all kinds of color. Can't wait for the thermocline to set up. I did have some bad luck with the big motor, so I'll be posting in the wanted section to finish off the season. - Mick