canadaguia 9-6-10

Hit the launch at Woodville at 6:30-6:45, on the water by 7:00. Set up at the drop off by white rock with a mt dew sd & hammer fly at about 80' and a pro troll e chip with white krinkle both about 6-8' off the ball. Also had 2 rigs with lead core line with NK spoons Black/chartruse and blue/black dot with almost 100 yards out. stayed in around 120-160 fow with speed around 2.0. Went all along the East side almost to Long point and back NOTHING and I mean nothing had the riggers fire a couple of times with nothing there. Obviously I'm doing something wrong

anybody got any suggestions? My wife asked me why I go almost every weekend if I'm not catching anything (I've asked myself the same thing). If I don't have some success soon she is going to make me stay home and fix things, PLEASE help me

Green, Green, Green. Green spoons and Green flashers and flies always go. I usually run about 2.3 SOG. If running 4 rods, run 2 riggers with spoons down 80 and 90 then run slider cheaters on them with smaller spoons...2.75" max. Then run 2 divers out about 250 with green flasher/fly...that way, you have 6 lures in the water. I find flashers to be more active off divers than riggers. You can try other colors but greens, blues, silver always seem to work good for me. Adjust your depths up and down if fish are not hitting.

I was out last weekend with my uncle and we were trying to troll back to our honey hole. I picked up my speed to 2.5 - 2.6 in order to get there quicker and within 1 minute of my uncle saying "we are going too fast" a 6 lb Rainbow hit my port diver and a 5 lb laker hit my starboard diver. Port side was a magnum diver out 230 with a spin doctor mtn dew glow with a mostly white Big Weenie fly. The other side was out 260 with mtn dew SD with a green atomic fly.

No matter what you are doing, you have to find the fish and then you have to entice them to bite. Sometimes they just shut down but if you've been out a few times and cant get anything to go, you have to change something.

P.S. I'd stay away from lead core until you dial in these other things. Lead core seems to work better early spring or mid Fall when the water cools down.

P.P.S. I've been hammering them on Green Dolphin and Blue Dolphin Magnum sized spoons lately off the rigger around 80 - 90 down.