Conesus Launch

• 4 weeks later...

Docks are still in the water as of today, nothing posted on the shack to indicate a date.

Lake was very flat today, just a slight chop and no wind to speak of just breezes.

One guy out on the whole lake his rig was at the launch. Picture postcard pretty, east bays were glass, that guy had the entire lake to himself. It doesn't get much better than that.

I think the launch is run by the NYS department of parks & recreation. Somebody somewhere, maintenance chief type I presume, has a clipboard with a date written on it concerning when those docks get pulled. I honestly don't recall when they have been pulled in years past because I launch the cartopper or the canoe from the DEC access or Longpoint until the weather gets too nasty, pretty soon. -Dan.

Yes I found out the hard way too alone. Was expecting docks but they were long gone. The 20 MPH wind didnt make it too easy going in or out. I lost a brute Pike today when my wire leader broke (in the middle, not the snap or swivel) Darn what a way to lose a nice one, Im not sure I ever had that happen. I had some action on minnowbaits stop and go but not alot. Old Man what were you using and where were you? BP

i always use spinerbaits and bucktails first. with all the short hits yesterday i also tried spoons,minnowbaits,and some rubber stuff. only the hairy stuff got bit. the two i caught were south of mcpherson pt. in front of the red cottage in 14fow. both of those fish were around noon. sorry about your leader,hate it when that happens. chalk it up to metal fatique. gettin out in the wind was fun. lucky,nobody saw me. when i say i got out ok i really mean i got it out in one piece and didn't get laughed at.