Cayuga Lake 9/28/10 with one Pic

rshubuck

I had no intentions on going back out trolling this year but we went fishing on Salmon river the day before with some luck only catching 2 kings. Steve and Paul convinced me for one last trip to Cayuga and I'm glad they talked me into it :clap: We launched at cast park and trolled the south end shore lines around 60fow to 120fow. We target the browns mainly for our first time ever. Used all scorpion stinger spoons on everything. 2dipsys, 2 riggers and 1 ten color lead core. We hooked up right away with 3lb 8oz Brown :) I was in aww :o I ask my self could it be I'm just that lucky? First time fishing for Browns and not even ten minutes in and had one in the box. Well we kept fishing and landed a ton of dink salmon and dink lakers. All had no problem swimming back down except for one deep hooked laker :( BUT after circling to hit the same area where we caught the brown here came what I heard was nesting in the area. Yep it was a Bald Eagle :clap: hungry for some lake trout. It hovered for a bit and flew down and picked up the laker like it was nothing and flew off with it. That just made my day. Earlier in the year Steve and I saw another bald eagle on the south end of Seneca lake. I love seeing them.

Back to the report. I mananged to catch another brown weighing in at 4lbs on the magdipsy 3 setting 150 ft out. 9ft of 17lb flurocarbon. Chicken wing spoon ;) Around noon everything shutdown and we stopped catching the dinks and decided to call it for the year ;( Weather was not bad. It poored off and on and the wind came up off and on out of the south. Weeds were bad everytime the wind picked up but they weren't too bad over all.

Time to let the fish reproduce and do some more trib fishing for the Kings up north! Also, I'm a big bow hunter so I'm probably not going to do much fishing when that starts. I had a great time this year and got to meet a lot of you Lou Members. Thanks for all the help and I hope to see all of you all in the spring.

raLQr.jpg

Guest coreysheils06

I also hope to get out there and catch some browns before bow starts. This will be my first year. Gets hard to juggle fishing and hunting all at the same time. If you dont have luck at one your going to wish you had gone out and done the other. Theres no winning. Good report and good luck.

Thanks all. I took the soft top off for travel. When I took my trip to ontario it ripped on the corner and its starting to get worse. ;( I think its time to replace it. Corey, you right! There is way to many things we can do this time of year but just not enough time to do it ;(

Nice browns. You had a good season this year. Hopefully we will still make a few more trips out, but the fall leaves and cool air is here. Its the best time of year. Hunting and trapping just around the corner, good fishing through fall and into winter. Then there is icefishing. I can't wait.

Nice fish/ I'm jealous. I pulled the boat out two weeks ago. Way earlier then normal but she is getting cleaned/ polished and a few upgrades for 2011 so I guess it's worth it. We'll have to catch up on the lake next year.