King Report for Mouth of Niagara River Area

Any reports for north of the shole area near the mouth of the Niagara River east of St. Catherines? We have had scattered luck with Coho on blue with silver spoons as well as green spoons running a north to south troll from 80 FOW out to around 250, tried using dodgers without any luck. The Coho were hooked around 60 down in around 180 FOW on both the north and south trolls. The King seem to be evasive this year. Marked lots of bait fish and big fish around 60-80 feet down but no hits from kings. There were alot of boats running the same pattern in the area but they seem to be having scattered luck as well. Any updates or tips on tackle, or areas from between Port Weller heading east towards the mouth of the niagara on the US border to help get these kings in the boat? Also what channel is used in that area for fishing reports or boat to boat reports? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Not much I can add since my boat is broke, but I was out on a friend's boat this weekend near the red can and marked a TON of bait. Took a few small kings on Magenta R&Rs off the riggers, but not much action. Not sure of down temp or currents, but there was a ton of bait.

I posted this on another site-

6/16/07

Decided to try the afternoon/evening thing again. Set up shallow in 40FOW to get the new probe wet and the transducer for it all adjusted. Marked a ton of bait on the bottom from 40-60FOW all in 58-62* water.

Trolled North and found good temp 80 down over 100 and deeper. By the time we hit 138FOW we were hooked up with 4 kings including a mature double (80 rigger and Wire/Dipsy 200/3 green krinkle/green glow E-Chip). Picked up fish out to 200FOW anywhere between 62-95 down. Bait was loaded in decent sized schools all over and the fish seemed to move towards shore and stack at the ledge as the night progressed. Ended 10/12 all kings/all C&R'd.

dscn6024smallpn8.jpg