Keuka 10/10 and 10/11

10/10 - Launch from Keuka Lake State Park at 7am. Attempted to head to my same way points as last time but the east side north and south of the launch was full of weeds. Surface temp was 60* and the temps below were all screwed up. Had 61* all the way down to 70 feet. Ending up boating two small lakers on the west side on the rigger down 70 feet with a green dolphin SD and Big Weenie Cornbread. Wind picked up so I left around 9.

10/11 - Launch from Keuka Lake State park at 7am. All the weeds from the day before were gone so I went to my way points from the previous week. Surface temp was 60* and the temps at 45 feet were 46 degrees. What a difference a day makes for temps. Stayed south of the launch and ended up boating 6 Keuka size lakers and 1 smallmouth bass in 150 FOW and in. Rigger took 3 with green dolphin SD and Big Weenie Cornbread. Rigger took 3 more shots with no one home. 200-300 chute copper with green dolphin SD and Big Weenie Hot Mess took 3 lakers and the bass. Docked around 9:30. A few boats out jigging and a few other trolling

IMG00062-20101011-0802.jpg

IMG00064-20101011-0844.jpg

Sunday was a great day to be on the water. Not so good for me in the fishing dept. My wife and I drove over a ton of fish working the bluff and up both forks about a mile or so. Down rigger power cable went, so I was limited to a single rigger, 2 DD and a flat line up top. Had a nice one on the DD (gr sd and hammer head) but he rolled, jumped once and spit (not a laker act).

Grass was heavy close to the bluff. I still have my #20 FF line on, was thinking that may be an issue.

A bad day fishing beats a good day workin.......

Dave