My son is on a roll.

Fish Hunter

My 17 year old son, killed a 6 pt(first deer with a bow) on Sunday afternoon,(12 yd shot, double lung) when we were hunting togather on a local farm, and then he killed a big dry doe on Monday(23 yds, lungs) as well.

Buck was taken from a great stand we have, in between bed/feed in a stand of Beechnut on a runway intersection, doe was with 5 others, in a very secluded cut soybean field.

Rage broadheads, from a Parker Wildfire XP, had the buck go only 45 yards or so, and that doe made it about 70 yds.

Hope he leaves some in the woods for Dad!! :rofl::rofl:

Hey no pics?? The first deer or buck stories rekindle many of our "first deer" memories.

Tell that brat to stay outa your stand,if he ant gonna post pics of his success, maybe you can edge him on to at least tell his side of the story..

thanks for the memories,and the post.. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are not gonna' believe this, but he(my 17 yr old son) connected AGAIN, Saturday(10/30) on a nice 8 pt, chasing a doe, and her twins.

We found blood, and the arrow, about 45 yds from that stand,(we have 9 stands on this farm) and then he left the open hardwoods, to stand(mucho blood) on a knoll in an alfalfa meadow, and then we lost blood.

By then it was too dark, with our lights, so we backed out, and came back at first light Sunday morning, to work our search plan, we had laid out at the breakfast table.

If we would've gone another 65 yds across the creek, we would have seen him the night before, but there he was. My son was hooting and hollering like crazy!!!!!!!!! Happy the coyotes didn't have a clue he was there.

I had seen him twice in the past week, within 350 yds of where he was killed, and now the farmer has said the he has seen a BIG guy last week, adjacent landowner has a BIG one on camera,(says 130-140 class) and a friend of my son, sent a text to him this morning, saying that while driving by that farm today, he saw a BIG one standing in the open, on the main tractor road, close to where that stand is.

I suspect he's come to visit those hot doe down in that bottom, and only hope we(ME) can get a crack at him.

We'll keep our fingers crossed!!