Seneca 11/13 & Keuka 11/14

11/13 A buddy and I fished Seneca 11/13 and made the mistake of heading out of Lodi Point with a south wind. The waves were 2-3 foot. Did manage one 15" LL there and packed it in and headed for Watkins Glen. Started out on the east side and and trolled about 2 miles past Hector Falls. Managed an 18" LL on a "special" setup (thanks Polar Bear) and then headed over to the west shore. Caught one more small LL near the salt plant and had a couple of knock offs there. Would have liked to stay, because I was marking a lot of big fish, but it was getting dark.

11/14 Headed to Keuka after reading a report last week about "overpopulated" lakers there. First time there and I didn't realize that to get from the Penn Yan launch to the lake you need to traverse a canal for 1/4 mile or so. I don't know if the water was unusually low, but a lot of it was no more than 2' deep. After getting into deeper waters, I set up riggers from 65' to 90' down. Trolled a couple of miles down the west side and saw there are more points on the east, so I crossed the lake and trolled towards the Y. Ended 4 for 8 with all small lakers. Surprisingly, I did better running lines from 30-60' in north end skinny water than I was doing in deep water. Seems like I should have stayed in the north end all day.

The State park on the Branchport arm is a great launch and only minutes away from Penn Yan. I would highly reccomend that for your next trip and only a few feet till deeper water. We hit fish all over that side last week and hopefully will get back out this Wednesday.