Opening day 8 point

rshubuck

8point308.jpg

8point2308.jpg

8point3308.jpg

I shot this deer opening day 830 in the morning. I used my Encore pistol 308. Its my first deer with a pistol. Talk about my luck. I shot an 8 point Nov 2 with my bow and did not hunt again until opening morning and wam bam another 8 point down :D Dressed at 175 and had an inside spread 17 3/4". Broken G2 unfortunitly This was in Newfield, NY

Great deer! Its tough with a pistol I have a ruger blackhawk 44 mag that I have been trying to get a deer with for years. I have shot many deer with all other types of weapons, bow, muzzle loader, rifle, and shotgun but no pistol kill yet. Congrats.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I love mine. I got it last year after christmas and I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it. The day before opening I sat down with it and got it dialed in. As a final test I walked a water bottle out a 187 paces and nailed 3 times. I told my self I was ready ;) This buck I took at 40 yards and dropped him in his tracks. It was a good feeling to see him drop. I am only carying my pistol or I would not try and use it. Also, I cary shooting sticks. Hard to hold this gun steady with the long barrel. I almost forgot but I almost dropped my gun after I shot him. That gun is so loud I could not hear very much out of my left ear after that for a little while. I wear ear protecting now in the field :(

That gun is so loud I could not hear very much out of my left ear after that for a little while. I wear ear protecting now in the field :(

Congratulations on a nice buck, as far as loud I finished off my old mans buck last week and my hearing is just coming back a S&W 460 with a 275 gr. Barnes Expander out of a 8 3/4" barrel HOLY CRAP !!!!!

I been wearing earplugs that let you hear normally but block out loud noises. They work pretty good but when you have a hat on it drives you nuts every time you move your head :( They are about 15 dollars. I use them crow hunting a lot now too.