more fishing....no catchin

i dunno whats goin on this year but i have zero luck... trolled for about 2 hours on the north end of canan....no luck...tried for bass in shallow...no luck....finally bought bait and drifted and cought some rock bass..woohoo....anyone have words of wisdom??

i dunno whats goin on this year but i have zero luck... trolled for about 2 hours on the north end of canan....no luck...tried for bass in shallow...no luck....finally bought bait and drifted and cought some rock bass..woohoo....anyone have words of wisdom??

Wow! You got some rockies? Congratulations! Maybe I'll go over to Canandaigua and try for them. Seneca has been ice cold for everything lately also. Yesterday, I was going to go out for a morning bass run at the north end. On the dock, there were largemouths hanging around in the shallows. Just for laughs, I threw a few soft shelled crabs out. Not on a line mind you, just tossed in to watch them feed. I stood there dumbfounded and watched as the bass stared at the crabs sinking to the bottom right in front of their noses. We're talking soft shelled crabs here. Normally those fish will jump on the dock to get those! I couldn't believe it. They never did eat them.

A friend of mine was just coming in off the water (8:30 AM) after being out since sunrise looking for trout. This is a guy who NEVER goes fishless. He said he was coming in because he was so disgusted by the lockjaw. So the trout are apparently not willing to hit either.

With gas at an all time high, bait costs up due to vhs, and fish so scarce, I'm guessing the cost per pound of fish has to be about $300/pound these days! Much as I love it, I may be giving it a little rest for a while until this wave of fish apathy passes. Need to straighten out my tackle and work on the boats anyway.

Keep me posted. :?