Should have know what kind of day it was going to be when a D@#% black cat ran out in front of me on the way to the dock.

Started out in our usual spot with the same cast of characters on the ends of our rods. Managed a few decent Browns, but no where near what we had earlier in the week. The Bait and the fish had vacated the area..

Ran out a little deeper and started to poke some teenage kings. 140 on the wire with a #3 setting. Spoons that were good were the new hollogram NK 28.

Decided to run a mupped rig off the lowest rigger. Put out the 28 and Mag wonder bread. Smoked a couple of more teenagers on that one( the 28 went). All of a sudden the lower mup rig goes again, but this time the fish runs right to the surface and never stopped. Now Ive fished for 30 yrs on this lake and that Rainbow was the biggest Ive seen. In true fashion the steelie jumps and twists, and then the GD line breaks on the cheater.......What a monster......Well he's out there boys. With a Magnum wonder bread in his jaws.

Ended the day 12 for 14...Not bad, but I'd give all those fish up just to have landed that one.........GOD I HATE BLACK CATS!

do u fishout of thegenny alot??ifish in the spring and the fall but might go up sunday. not that i want your secret but 12 for 14 and a monster steelie doesn,t sound like a bad day.. my question is mag spoons now or what size??/ don,t have any wire rods yet but riggers and divers slides and reg ones. my temp probe fell off so i won,t have that till next week. maybe u gcould give ma a starting point and i could hack away with a little luck maybe go 1for1 i,d be happy with that. i run 20 pound mono, ok in the fall i guess don,t do to bad for me i guess 7 for 11 was the best day. would like to fish all summer and hear that drag sreaming.. looking into a couple more reels to rig up wire sound like the way to go..any help, advice, tips or maybe 1 secret!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx and tight lines

Just my 2 cents here....We have been going straight out of the genny and dumping in about 70FOW and we troll to 140FOW or so. The last couple of weeks there has been a TON of bait in the 70' range. Mag spoons seem to be outproducing the 28's, flasher fly and stankbait are taking there fair share as well. We have done very well in that depth range on browns, kings, steelhead and lakers. Nothing really huge yet but quality fish. 2.4 to 2.8 seems to be a good speed....with a north south troll Best of luck!!!!

Could be tough with this front we have coming through. Right before the fron, the fish moved out to 300-400 fow. Thats a long way to go! The main thing that I do is go out until I find the desired temp at an acceptable depth. I think having 50 deg down 60 to 70 is about perfect for summer kings. I just hate having my riggers down 90-100 ft. Anyway, as far as mag spoons.....28 sizes probably out fish the mags this time of the year. I just started running that muped rig and it paid off. Will give her another rty on Sat depending on the forecast.......