Looking to buy a boat

adipose69

Hey guys I would like some help on the pros and cons of some boats and maybe get your opinion on a good boat. I've looked at a few boats already , A 84 Thompson and a 89 Trophy, I'm going to look at a 89 Thompson 240 fisherman that has everything. I have a 17 foot aluminum right now ( shes better suited for LE walleye not LO salmon/trout ) and I would like a bigger boat for choppier water and to get out further faster. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

MJ

I have a 21' 2002 trophy. It's enough to handle most of the chop the lake has thrown so far, gotta know when not to go out I've learned :D I guess the only thing I would have done different is looked for something with a little more room(beam wise) to help handle the chop. I can fit 3 guys fishing comfortably...anything more is a cluster.

ANY used boat get a GOOD survey done on it. A VERY large percentage of older used boats have hull blisters, stringer and transom rot, and other mechanical issues. These repairs are very costly and take a lot of valuable fishing time to repair.