Rusty Rat cayuga report 6/19

Fished from sheldrake to kingtown beach. Very good laker fishing off the 70 rigger and the the wires. Cores were dead again. High riggers produced tons of those pesky small salmon. Just can't keep them off even when switching to larger spoons.

Weeds and cotton wood were quite the pain to keep the rods clean.

Black and purple R&R spoons along with the protolls pulling big weenie green dot flies did the damage.

The good news is the fish have moved into my summer honey hole. I just hope they stay there for a while.

Tight lines and good fishing to all.

Captain Scott

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Scott, thanks for working around me yesterday as we plunged southward w/ nobody at the wheel. My cores didn't exactly light things up either this weekend but it is nice to see those rigger rods going off. Your guys looked like they were having a good time. -Andy

Andy I was laughing my a$$ off at the back of the boat. Actually my wife was driving and she kept on saying that other islander keeps coming at me! I kept telling her ahh its just Chowder Andy, he knows where he's going, dont worry about it, he'll turn. LOL LOL LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl: Then as we go by, no one is at the helm and you are bustin it at the back of the boat!

No prob bud! :yes:

RR

Yeah, we had a couple rigger fish in a row there and I just get all 4 reset and the 45' goes again and one of the kids grabs it and cranks down and says "I'm snagged on one of the rigger weights". So, I trip & raise the weights and low and behold he's still 'snagged' on something, oops NOT! Boy,there are some big ole nasty lakers kicking around this summer. When you look up after a bunch of net jobs and see the AP is blinking on 'stand by' it's never good! Good thing your wife had the situation under control, please extend my apologies and thanks to her. -Andy