Flea Flicker help?

I was considering trying the flea flicker line after learning very quickly what a pain they are. I was told that you can have issues with twisting due to the fact that the line is not round. Does anyone have any experience with that?

I used to run 20lb flea flicker with good results. I spooled on 200' on to each reel, and then tied a regular leader from the flea flicker to the spoon, so as to no affect spoon action when trolling.

I did notice that the FF was twisted, which did affect its performance. The way I corrected the problem was to run it flatlined off the back of the boat with nothing on it to take out the twists.

The first trip out after spooling the FF ont he reels, I would just leave the chute, put all the FF line in the water, and just run off shore, nice and easy, to my fishing spot. As we went out the water passing over the line pulled the twists out. Then just reel the stuff back in, tie on my terminal tackle and leader and go fishing. It performed alot better without the twists in it.

I think it's spooled on twisted at the factory. No matter what I did when spooling onto my reels, it always got twisted.

do like jolly said as far as attaching on a mono leader,just test yer knot good,i used to tie 100 ft FF to spool then add leader as i dont fish much below 100 ft so my vertical line was protected then in the spring yer only tossin 100 ft FF per reel or just leave it on..