Cayuga Dean's 7/31 afternoon

Waited for some of the rain and junk to cycle out of the finger lakes Sunday morning and made an afternoon run with my wife to my all time favorite trout lake.

I had planned on a long slow afternoon troll but things turned out quite different for us, we found active trout just north of Sheldrake starting a north troll in the 180's circling out to 300's and back with the Terrova. At about 1:30pm or so the lake laid down and for what ever reason the trout turned on :yes: We ended up 6 for 7 with 3-4 lakers right at 20 to 23.....1 laker at 27 and 6lbs ..1 at 25 inches and never weighed. 2 lakers and went home all others went back including a very cocky 16 inch LL.

All fish right at 50-55 down everywhere, wire divers fired , the rigger took 2 fish including the biggest on a new stinger spoon. 8)

The leadcore rig dropped 1 fish out deep , not sure what it was a little deeper at 12 colors with stick bait.

Learned alot about color today , trying new spoons in varying color cominations..nothing natural ;)

The weeds weren't too bad some areas really clean others loaded up, the fleas were horrible though. Pretty quiet around Dean's saw some bass rigs here and there maybe 2 trollers south of me but had alot of quiet lake out there yesterday.

Only out there for 2 hours.

My wife with her 27 inch I deep fried later :yes:

DSCN2006.jpg

Me with a couple more fishys from the day. I love this lake :beer:8)

DSCN2001-1.jpg

DSCN1999.jpg

DSCN2004.jpg