Cayuga 8/13 Lighthouse derby ten minutes too late

Launched out of Deans and worked south mostly over deep water. Had one of my sons friends on the boat today who has only caught sunfish. 30 minutes minutes in and were 0 for 2. Picked up a five lb laker minutes later and had a steady pick of lakers for the next two hours up to 8.5lbs. Weeds were a nightmare and only got worse as the wind picked up. Wire divers out 220 were producing the best lakers for us and 4-5lbrs on spoons off the riggers set at 65 and 80. Went to pop an inline planer and snapped the line losing planer, leadcore, lure etc. Decided to troll north and battle the weeds and not the waves too. A bit north of long point and we got a good rip on the wire and when I grabbed the rod the fish was peeling wire off pretty good. Handed off to my sons friend who was more than happy to land the 7lb landlock. The fish was in pretty good health considering he had a big lamprey on him. By the time we landed the fish and dispatched the eel it was 2:45. No chance of making it to Meyers by 3 or even close. Decided to call it a day and even though we did not make the weigh in it was still a great day!

0813111602_1.jpg

I see you moved the tite locs to your rod holder board, gotta be better for the wire rods

Had to make an adjustmant for the Kings. Worked ok on the fingers but I had a rip on Ontario the other night an almost lost the wire rig. Now the rod holders dont interfere with swiveling the riggers in either.

Were you out on Canandaigua today? I have a trip out there friday and might try and sneak out there Thursday evening for a few hours.