Canandaigua 8/27 Bownanza!!

Got out for a half of a half day with a local father and his 9yr old daughter and his seven yr old son. They just wanted to fish for 2hours then they were headed for a camping trip. I wanted to head South but he didnt want to get too far down the lake so we started north. Ran just 5 rods as they just wanted a couple fish for dinner. 2 dipsy's, 2 riggers with sliding cheaters and 1-10 color. Just got the 5th rod out and the dipsy/spoon combo fired. Handed it off to the father son team and they had their work cut out for them. I was thinkin big laker watchin the head shakes and the fish doggin down. As i'm coaching them the cheater on the rigger fires and by the time I get the rod the bow is airborn. I started to work that one with the daughter. a couple real nice runs and we had her pretty close to the boat. I looked over to check their progress and thats when their big male rainbow decided he had enough of staying deep. Several spectacular leaps and he had everything tangled behind the boat. Thought for sure we would lose at least one but after a couple minutes of dancing with rods we were tangle free and netted both. Another 45 min of steady rainbow hits and they had to get going. I really enjoyed fishing with those kids. They kept asking their father, one more? one more? Not to mention I was thinking the same thing. Wish I had taken some pics but thats hindsight.